Friday, April 2, 2010

So I'm a Little Bit Crazy

On March 17th, the girls had their 2 year old well visit. When I was asked about concerns I mentioned that sometimes I didn't think that Emma could hear me and I was also worried that she wasn't talking as much as Ali. Emma still likes to talk Chinese alot instead of using real words. Dr. Renick suggested that we got ahead and have her hearing and speech screened to see what was going on. We went to Dr. Alexiou this past Wednesday and of course she passed her hearing test. Thursday morning a very nice lady from PACE came out and checked her speech. She showed a little bit of a delay but nothing close to what she would need to be to get services from them. Her theory is that with all the ear infections last winter that she is going to be a little behind, but nothing to cause any alarm bells to go off. So I'm just plain crazy, because to outside people she is just fine. Don't get me wrong I am so thankful that she is going to be fine and that we don't need to do anything extra, but sometimes I still worry because she isn't doing as much as Ali.

1 comment:

Gorby family blog said...

I totally understand...Tessa just got discharged from PACE (they stop servicing at 3 yrs. old) but she didn't qualify for services in the city schools. I'm glad they think she's doing okay, but it's not that she's doing well. It's just that she's not quite bad enough to qualify. Frustrating!