Friday, June 20, 2008

Let's Go Swimming


This week has flown by. The girls and I didn't get much done besides trying to figure out a schedule for them. That is not an easy thing to do and my hat goes off to all the moms out there that can get their kids on a schedule. If I want them to stay up that's when they want to sleep and when I want them to sleep that's when they want to stay up. During the day they both also seem to be such light sleepers. The phone will wake them up, hearing the other one cry will wake them up, if I bang dishes in the kitchen they will wake up. So when ever they fall asleep I let them sleep. So during the day they take lots of their naps in the swing, bouncy seat or laying in their ocean wonders toy.
On Father's Day we had a mini cook out with grandma and great grandma that evening. After dinner the girls got to go swimming in their pool wearing their new bathing suits. Emma really seemed to enjoy it and was kicking her legs. Ali sat there and didn't show any real emotion. I think the water was a little to cold for her. Next time we will heat it up some and then I bet she will be kicking her legs as well. Both girls really liked the red fish and would watch it float around the pool. If anyone wants to come swimming with us sometime, just come on over.

1 comment:

Gorby family blog said...

Looks like fun! They are so cute!

Have you ever used a white noise machine or music in their room. I started using a CD with Tessa during the day so Amelia and I wouldn't wake her up. I have an extra white noise machine, too, if you want to try it out. It has stuff like ocean, outdoor, heartbeat, etc. type sounds.