Monday, June 30, 2008

Where did June go?

Can you believe that today is the last day of June and tomorrow begins July? I don't know where my summer is going. One thing is for sure summer for me is almost half over and I have not been in a real swimming pool yet. Something must be terribly wrong, because by now I've usually been swimming several times. Granted I don't look the best in a bathing suit, nor would others want to watch me swim, but I LOVE summer, swimming, pools, and beaches. One of many wishes for my girls is that they will share the same love and we can spend our summers at the pool once they are older. I've made a promise to myself that because there will be no beach trip this summer Billy and I will spend one evening at Massanutten Waterpark because I have to do something that is related to the pool/water/beach activity. It's crazy how becoming a parent, and don't get me wrong I love almost every moment of parenthood, can totally change your life. Who would think that I would spend a summer not doing something I love. I will be returning to work in August without a tan or sun lightened hair.

No comments: