Monday, July 7, 2008

What's wrong with this picture?







These two pictures are just a glimpse of how my day has gone. The girls got up today before 7 and ate good, played well, and went down for their naps like any other day. After a nice 2 hour nap, which I also enjoyed, the day from you know where began. From then on they thought it would be more fun to snack and be fussy instead of their normal good selves. I did manage between their snacks and fussy times to fold two drying racks of their clothes, get our clothes off the line and fold them. I was also trying to be a good stay at home wife and put the folded clothes away instead of letting them stay on the kitchen table where I made my stacks. It was when I was putting three of Billy's shorts on his stack of shorts in the closet that my ring got caught on the wire shelf and out when my diamond. It was the icing on the cake. I had already spent countless minutes that afternoon crying at the girls for acting the way they did and now I had messed up my ring. Just what we needed right now, something stupid to spend money on. Now I will be spending my birthday checking with jewelers to see who can do the best and cheapest job fixing my mistake. How stupid could I be? I've put his shorts away hundreds of times and never caught my ring on the wire shelf. Some of my countless minutes crying today were also because I found out that I will be spending my birthday alone. Billy will be getting up at 6am to head to PA for a job and not return until Wednesday evening. He'll be back just in time for his birthday on Thursday. When he shared that good news over the phone at lunch today he also mentioned that he hadn't gotten me anything yet. What a surprise! Why is it now that I am a mom my life is over and the girls come first before me, but only me. Billy gets to leave every morning and go to work, he gets to go do his thing anytime company comes and wants to hold and play with the girls, but not me I can't get away. Another fine example will be me staying home tomorrow with the girls by myself alone on my birthday. It's not like they have any idea, and I'm sure it will be another fussy day.



I am sorry to the few people who do read this blog that I can so easily complain about life, but I need to get things off my chest and this seems like a good place to do that. My life really is good, well most of the time it's good. I have two healthy girls, a good job, a roof over my head, food, a home, and much more. Some people would die for the luxuries I take for granted. I'll try to do better this summer about sharing the fun things that the girls and I do together.

No comments: