Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Me Again

Two posts in one day. Something must be wrong. No, just have tidbits that I want to share. Who needs sleep when there are things on your mind to blog about. Today was my birthday and it wasn't that bad. I had prepared myself for the worst yesterday, but it wasn't bad at all. Billy was stirring in the house this morning starting at 5:15am so that he could leave for his two day trip to PA. I had just gotten back into a good sleep when he woke me up because Emma kept me up from 2 until 3:30 fighting sleep. I finally gave up and fixed her a bottle. Should have done that earlier and I could have gotten more sleep, but oh well. Billy gave me two super sweet cards for my birthday at 5:30am. One was from him and then a very cute one from the girls. After he left at 6am I ended up with both girls in bed with me because they were stirring, but I refused to be up with them at 6am. We slept until 8 and then got up. They had a great morning and took over a 2 hour nap which I also enjoyed with them. We awoke to 4 messages on the answering machine. We were sleeping good because I only remember hearing the phone ring the first time. They also had a great afternoon. We went into town to visit grandma. She watched them while I went on my quest to take care of my engagement ring. I am getting it fixed for 25 dollars, can you believe it? That was pleasant surprise! I was expecting to spend 100 or more because I had done such a foolish thing. Mom and I then had a great dinner of bad for you food at the Beanery. They had appetizers 1/2 off today and we enjoyed all three that we ordered. My good friend April had been there for lunch and prepaid for a dessert for me, which I managed to find room for in my very full stomach. Thank you so much April for that special treat!!! I am so sorry that your birthday has come and gone without me doing anything. I have to plead the baby blues because they were still bothering me at the beginning of May, in fact I still have flare ups. I owe you big time. Back to my birthday: after dinner mom and I took the girls to visit my old babysitter. It was a short but very sweet visit with her. Then home we came to put them to bed. The only strange part of the day was not having Billy around this evening. The house doesn't seem the same. Last night after the girls went to bed I ordered my birthday present from him. A new purse and bag to hold bottles to match the diaper bag. Thanks honey!


So I have to say today wasn't that bad at all. Thanks to my family and friends for all the well wishes, cards, phone calls, and yummy dessert. Turning 28 wasn't so bad. Wish I could do it again tomorrow.

No comments: