Thursday, July 31, 2008

Party to Sitter we do it all

Yesterday I ventured out with the girls to a birthday party by myself. What was I thinking? The girls were good until it was time to eat and then they decided they would only eat for me. After getting a full tummy you would have thought they would be in good shape, but because their morning nap was cut short they were little fussy babies. They got passed around a few times with different people trying to help calm them, and I know they all meant well but I felt like the fool that couldn't handle her own kids. On top of being up 2 hours during the night with Emma because she decided not to sleep I was exhausted when the day ended but of course I couldn't sleep. I was to busy worrying about this morning. The girls spent their first 3 hours with the babysitter. I fed them at Tina's house so she could see how you feed two at once and then I got out of there. I spent a little time at school and a little time at Target. I love to check the clearance racks and it's a great time to use my Enfamil coupons because they have a bigger size can for the normal prize. I get more and save money too!!! When you go through a big Costco can in less than a week you are always on the look out for good buys. When I arrived back at Tina's the girls were just waking up from their naps. I loaded them up and headed home. Right now Tina's house is a zoo and I thought they would eat better at home with a little less going on. Tina is in transition of losing a few kids and starting with mine, plus having some who aren't in preschool or school during most of the day makes her house crazy. Once school starts she will only have 2 others full time and a few after their school or preschool lets out, so don't panic thinking I'm sending my kids to someone who has to many to watch. It also says something to me that two people that work with Billy also use her for childcare so she is good at what she does. So as far as I'm concerned the girls have had an eventful week. Tomorrow they will spend another 3 or so hours with Tina and then we make the hour and half trip over the mountains to Highland County so Billy can do his radio thing.

1 comment:

Gorby family blog said...

The girls were fine at the party, and you did NOT look like a fool who couldn't handle her kids! Tonia and I have both been there, and we only had one kid that we couldn't handle. I think most would have admired you for even coming. By the way, thanks for coming! Amelia asked me today if she could go to Chick-fil-a for lunch!
It sounds like they had a good day at the sitter! I'm jealous!