Friday, August 22, 2008

Back to Work.....Kinda of

This week was my first full week back to work. I put kinda of in the title because yes I was back to work, but the kids don't start until next Tuesday. So there was some working, but also of catching up to do with other teachers. I have to admit that it hasn't been hard to leave the girls in the morning with the babysitter. It is hard when I stop and think that now I see them about half an hour in the mornings and about four hours in the evening and that's it. Tina will probably see more changes and milestones than me now because she sees them more during the day. I will just have to take joy in the kids at school that I work with when they reach a milestone or accomplish something special. I've done ok this week with the whole working mom thing. I'm tired, but ok. Tonight was bath night for the girls and I realized that I was a little more exhausted than I thought. I bathed Ali in her shampoo and started to use her body wash for shampoo. I think that's a sign that I need more rest. Although to my defense last night was back to school night and I got home late with the girls and didn't get as much rest as usual.

1 comment:

Iowa State Fans said...

I'm not working in the K-12 capacity this year and really miss it :( I am struggling with the notion of working in "corporate" america....although I am still very much involved with educators in my new position......I leave 5 when I go to work and my husband works nights so when I get home....I hit the floor running but I too feel that way about missing milestones with our 2 year old....I never had to leave the other ones as we were in grad school with the other 4 and could savor in their milestones as we finished our degrees and worked at the university......your post made me sad :(