Saturday, August 23, 2008

Proud Mom

Silly me left the house today without the camera, so all I can do is type about the day. There are no pictures to remember it by. Today Billy's work place had a company picnic at the boss' house here in Grottoes. It was from 11:00 until 4:30. I figured there was no way that we would make it the entire time and I wasn't sure how the eating lunch thing was going to work with no family there to help with the girls. Well we didn't arrive until 11:30 because the girls took a nice 2 hour nap this morning and then needed to eat. They could take a 2 hour nap because they had us up at 6:30am. What can I say I have kids that are set on their schedule already. While we eat lunch at the picnic the girls played with toys sitting in their car seats, and the best part was that they didn't fuss. They played with their toys. After eating they were admired, passed around, and loved on by others. I got Emma to go to sleep in her car seat and minutes later Ali went to sleep laying against me. Their buddy from the babysitters was there and she sat beside me anxiously waiting for them to wake up so that she could play with them. They took a short nap......long enough for daddy to enjoy the pool with all the other big kids there. After waking up and playing some more I recognized the sign of hungry babies and got the bottles ready before they started to fuss. Morgan was right there with me being my great helper. We fed them and they played some more. We were able to stay until 3:30 when most others were leaving. I couldn't believe we had stayed so long and we had such great girls. For the most part we were out by the pool and it was a warm day without much shade and they were awesome. I was so proud!!! We are finally reaching a point where we can be out and about and it's not a huge operation or disaster.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy! What precious little girls you have! The next time I am in town, you will have to bring them over to April's. Thanks for the comment about the dresses on my blog, unfortunately, it took about 6hours just to make the two dresses you saw---and that was with help!!!:) I adore how they turned out, though, and I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Iowa State Fans said...

You should visit Kohls and find that particular quote.....it is SOOOO true. Just remember you have to RUB HARD :) They are a lot harder to apply than I thought but I REALLY love them :) I can't wait to adorn my house with more :) Yippie!~