Sunday, October 19, 2008

Mini Update

I've gotten some good pictures of Ali this weekend and have some good stories to share, but I don't have the time to get the pictures from the camera to the computer. Hopefully one evening this week.


Saturday evening we attended the 4th annual Chili Cook-Off out our friend's house. What a special treat we look forward to each fall. Billy is becoming the cook in our family and I take care of the girls in the evenings, but he has always been the one to cook when it was time for chili. For the past three years he has always placed in the top three and come home with a great prizes. (Thanks Kevin and April!) This year was no different. He came home tied for 1st place and a gift card to .......you guessed it, Chili's.
He's so proud of himself. He told me on the ride home last night that it meant a lot to him to win, so I'm happy for him. He takes pride in what he cooks. So we wanted to take this chance to say a HUGE THANKS to Kevin and April for opening their home, hosting this fun evening, and having prizes for the top three winners. It really suprised me one that there can be so many types of chili....there were none there that tasted alike, and two that she didn't take pictures for her blog.

1 comment:

Gorby family blog said...

Thanks, Amy. I'm so glad you guys had a good time. I know, I know...I should have taken some pictures and I think about it EVERY year but it never happens! I'm always having too much fun and spending too much time eating! Tell Billy I said congrats!