Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Ear Infections

Tubes come June 18th, but Ali had to get in one more ear infection before tubes. She was not fun at all Monday night. She cried during the evening until we wised up and gave her some meds and they kicked in. Then when she should have been sleeping she was screaming her head off again. So instead of going to bed at 8 like she usually does, she stayed out in the living room playing and sitting on my lap until 11:30. Needless to say we were the second family in the door this morning at the doctor's office. Ear infection in her left ear and the beginning of one in her right ear. Oh joy! Tonight she went down with a little bit of a fight, but we are already off to a better start than last night. Last night I never touched the kitchen to clean up, feed the cat or do any of my nightly chores that I do once they are in bed. Tonight I've already done the dishes, one load of laundry, and this is my second post. I think it may be a little better than last night, but I'm sure she will be fussing again before morning. Another great thing I found out today about her being sick is that I can't give her anything but Tylenol for pain. Last night I was giving her something every 3 hours, so I hope the antibiotic kicks in soon. She can't take anything else for pain because everything else is a blood thinner and she can't have it this close to her surgery. I'm off to get some rest so that I'll be ready to get up with her tonight when she starts fussing.

No comments: