Thursday, June 18, 2009

Ear Tubes












Hopefully are run in with ear infections has come to an end. The girls got tubes this morning. We had to be at the hospital at 6. YUCK! To early for me. Ali was scheduled for 7:30 and Emma for 7:40. Well the Dr. finally got there around 8 and about 8:10 they finally took Ali. We walked her down the hall and then had to hand her off at the OR doors. That was much harder for Billy then me. We did the same thing with Emma about 10 minutes later. It felt strange sitting in our room without the girls as we waited. Ali came back in lying down in her crib being as good as gold. I ran down to get them some food from the cafeteria. When I got back Emma had rejoined the room and was crying like crazy. My mom and Billy said that she came in crying and with the nurse carrying her. We were out of there by 10 and the girls seemed to do well this afternoon and evening. They had a few spells of crying out, but it wasn't to bad. I hope they sleep through the night. They slept for 3 hours this afternoon, so that makes me hopeful for tonight. I'm off to bed myself, 4:30 came to early for me.



2 comments:

Gorby family blog said...

I hope those ear infections are gone for good! They look so cute in those tiny hospital gowns! I am so curious...do they each have their own different kind of paci that they use all the time? I noticed that they are using different ones. Each of my kids have done different things. Amelia used the Nuk pacifiers, Tessa used her thumb, and Lila uses the Soothie pacifiers. Kids are SOOO different!

Anonymous said...

OMG, your girls are so, so cute, and so much bigger than the last time I checked up on you guys!! I am so bad at checking other's blogs, that I became a follower and added you to my googlereader...now, no excuses for not keeping up with how big these girls are getting!
Hope all is well!