Thursday, December 31, 2009

A blur that I think was Christmas

Christmas at grandma's house. They sure can make a mess.

This was the final mess. I think my mom got them to much.
Opening their stockings at our house Christmas morning.


Billy went shopping for them. They were opening their baby dolls from daddy.



On December 18th the thought of 2 weeks off for Christmas sounded wonderful. What would I do with all that time. We got out of school an hour early because of the coming snow, I got some yucky news, (that's a whole other post) packed up lots of school work and headed home. Two weeks off, what ever would I do with all that time. Now I sit here and ask myself where that time went. We got the crazy snow storm my first weekend off, but we still managed to do a Christmas dinner with mom and friends Sunday the 20th. Then we woke up Monday morning and decided at the last minute to follow through with our plans and head to Monterey for a few days. I was packing, the girls were making a mess, and Billy went to H'burg to finish shopping. It was craziness. We were in Monterey from Monday afternoon until Thursday morning. Then we came back to do Christmas Eve at my grandma's, then a visit to the Knupp's, Christmas morning at home, then back to grandma's then the rest of the day was at Mom's. The girls ended up spending the night with mom so that we could get a little rest and go find some bargains on Saturday morning. Sunday we actually made it to church, and then ran around in the afternoon while the girls napped at mom's. Monday I went to school to work for about 2 hours with some other teachers and then we had lunch at Taste of Thai. Lunch was the best part! Tuesday we visited the doctor's office again and then Billy and I went back to school in the afternoon while the girls napped. I didn't realize how much school work I had to do. Finally yesterday we got to stay home all day. Again today we are home until we head out for dinner with the family tonight. Nothing special. I think it will be the Wood Grill. It's hard to go anywhere nice with the girls being the age that they are. Buffets are good because it's ready and we can find something that they will eat. Christmas was such a blur that I didn't get many pictures of the girls. Part of the problem was that they ripped open every package in sight, didn't matter if it belonged to them or not. We had to keep our eyes on them. We left my grandmother's house not knowing who gave them what because they ripped into everything the moment it was put before them.

No comments: