Thursday, December 31, 2009

Next Year

I was called to meeting on Friday the 18th right after the buses left school. Kathy (the other sped teacher at Lacey that I share a room with) and I had to report to the principals office. We were told that Lacey was losing an LD teacher next year because of sending so many kids to middle school and not enough coming our way to keep two teachers. We were to get the news so that we would have time to fill out our intent forms that are due January 15th. Donna (my principal) was directing the conversation to both of us, but I knew it was coming to me. Kathy has been at Lacey since the school opened 20 years ago, she has seen many 2nd teachers come and go. What a great Christmas present! I've tried not to think about it to much over break. I should be teaching in the county somewhere next year, but who knows where. I'm going to ask Donna when we return on Monday to call the director of special ed and see what he knows as far as any openings go. I know with the new high school opening next year there will be jobs in the county, but I just worry about where. I hate the thought of having to find a new babysitter. But that was my wonderful news to start Christmas break, I couldn't get out of that school fast enough that Friday afternoon. I was so mad and upset. I just hope my new home will be as good.

No comments: