Friday, September 5, 2008

Watch Out!

Emma brought home a cold from the babysitter's house the other day and is having a rough time with it. Although she was nice and shared it with mommy. So not only do I have her waking up in the middle of the night because she can't breathe, but I'm up as well feeling like crap. What a great way to spend the weekend. Last night Billy came into our room with Emma in his arms and I thought it was morning and she had woken up early. No, it was only 11pm and she was over there crying because she couldn't breathe. Instead of waking her sister up we let her sleep part of the night with us, but I did move her back to her bed in the middle of the night.


Then there is Ms. Ali who is trying so hard to crawl. For days now she has being going from this rocking motion to almost sitting up. Well tonight she got it down and there she sat. She sat upright and looked around like she had been doing it her whole life. We quickly put some toys in her lap and there she sat playing. We were so excited and then we say it coming. It was a scene from a movie; slowly she started to fall backwards and the loud smack as her head met the floor. Then came the tears. Thankfully it didn't take us long to quiet her down and distract her with new toys. Later while on her tummy she was sitting up again checking the world out. She's afraid she is going to miss something.



Look, I can balance myself!
What's over there? I don't want to miss anything.
Bring on the toys! I'm sitting up and ready to play.


Right after the girls were born we were going to the doctor's office twice a week to check Ali's weight because she wasn't gaining like they wanted. We were all so worried about her, but at the same time knew things would be fine. The doctors weren't making us do anything crazy. Well those days have long gone and now we realize that Ali is going to be the one that we have to watch out for. She is going to be into everything and not miss a beat. The other evening during tummy time she managed to get herself under her bouncy seat. Like I said we are going to have to watch out for her.


2 comments:

Gorby family blog said...

Wow! I can't believe she can sit! Haven't you learned anything from my dear Tessa? It is always the second born that gives you the most trouble! Beware! They learn things quick and they know how to cause trouble with their new skills! I'm sorry you guys aren't feeling well. I hope you can get lots of rest over the weekend.

Anonymous said...

The pictures of Ali are so, so cute Amy!

I am sorry you guys weren't feel well last week, hopefully by now you are all feeling much better!